Stage Management: The Essential Handbook by Gail Pallin is the highly successful bible for any stage manager, now available in print and as an ebook.
This handbook is aimed at students, graduates and all those who aspire to stage management, whether amateur or professional, on a large or small scale. Complete with illustrations, diagrams and helpful checklists, it takes the reader through a typical production, week by week. This fourth updated edition includes a brand new chapter on new technology used in stage management practice.
Other useful topics covered are:
- Team dynamics and job roles
- Theatre unions
- Health and Safety legislation
- The job market
- Information and communication technology
- Production templates
- Management techniques and interpersonal skills
- Case studies of professional stage managers and producers
- Creativity in stage management